This page aims to introduce and highlight some of the resources the library has to help with research on sciences topics. Have a browse!
Recent Science Books
|Applied Sciences & Technology||600|
|Engineering & Electronics||620|
Animals & the Environment
Databases & science mags online
We have many science magazines available for full text reading online through mygateway.info.
If you want a biography of a scientist, the library catalogue will give you the location. Here are some selected biographies grouped by specialisation:
- Women in science
- mygateway.info Science
Our information gateway to reliable information on the internet relating to Science, including our premium databases.
- Science Daily
Breaking news about the latest discoveries and hottest research projects in everything from astrophysics to zoology.
- The BBC Science Portal
- Smithsonian Institution: Science & Technology
- Te Puna Web Directory - New Zealand Science & Technology
- GNS Science
- NIWA: National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research
- New Zealand birds
- New Zealand Meteorological Service
- MetVUW, weather and climate service
- Weather Underground: provides global weather forcasts and much more.
- Map of online weather stations in the country.
- World Sunlight Map
- World Flood Map:Interactive feature: raise the sea level up to 14m and see the results
Earthquakes & Volcanoes:
Find out about the latest New Zealand earthquake and information on New Zealand volcanoes
- IRIS - Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology
- Te Puna Web Directory - New Zealand: Earth Sciences
- US Geological Survey Volcano Hazards Program
- Current volcano activity
This page is written and maintained by library staff. Our aim is to keep you informed about Science resources at the library and to highlight parts of the collection which may interest you. We'd be pleased to hear from you about this page - you can email us with any feedback.