Prosearch / Rapu ngaio me ngā ratonga mōhiohio Professional search services
Prosearch is Wellington City Libraries' professional search service. We have the skills and specialist resources to track down reliable, up-to-date information quickly
Now located — Level 9, 79 Boulcott Street.
Contact the Prosearch Team via phone — 021 596 274 (Marilyn Domney, Business Customer Specialist), or email us:
- Business pages
We provide an inter-library loan (interloan) service that allows you to access material held in other libraries in New Zealand or overseas
- Business databases
Online "premium" databases you can access for free with your library card
Membership is free for Wellington residents and ratepayers, and those who work or study in Wellington. Wellington organisations can join as a corporate library members
How does it work?
For all individuals or organisations with a Wellington City Libraries card we can offer up to 1 hour's non-urgent free research per topic, plus any direct costs. For urgent enquiries, work can be undertaken at $60 per hour.
You can still use our services, whether or not you have a current library card. A clear cost-estimate will be given beforehand.
Innovative and cutting edge business ideas are based on good market insights. For over 25 years Wellington City Libraries has provided a wide range of business services and resources, including access to market research reports, industry trends and company profiles. We provide free search training, and confidentiality is guaranteed.
- You know what information you need — we know how to find it
- Save time and money by focusing on what you do best
- As skilled information professionals, we can make a difference every day in the speed, relevance, and accuracy of research projects that meet business, industry, government, non-profit, and other needs
Our Prosearch Team members vary, but always include Marilyn Domney, our Business Customer Specialist, as well as other subject specialists as needed depending on the size and scope of your enquiry.
What we do
We aim to satisfy your information needs quickly and cost-effectively and save you time and money by:
- Finding information expertly — whether you just need a few quintessential articles on a specific topic, or are interested in a comprehensive literature review
- Providing training on searching online to find information efficiently and effectively and reduce information overload. We can show how to get the sources you need
- Researching new product concepts
- Researching your competitors
- Locating companies who are potential buyers of your product
- Providing guidance on searching the hidden web
Recent work & testimonials
Recent topics researched
- Export honey market
- Maori culture in organizations
- Evaluation of health and safety systems
- Innovation hubs
- Travel industry market
- Diabetes and diet
- Youth oriented brands
Feedback from our clients
- "Many thanks again for all your valuable input. I think it takes a great deal of skill to get to the crux of the matter and to be able to find evidence to support it and all the info you have provided has been very useful!."
- "I have had a chance to have a good look at the articles and am delighted you found so many good ones."
- "All of the information has been helpful in guiding us, and really appreciate your time and input on this!
- "Many thanks for your time and all the links Marilyn. It was a real eye opener to see all the databases and potential at your fingertips!"
- "Thank you SO much for your help which was absolutely invaluable for me. It opened my eyes to a whole new digital research world.."
- "Thanks it's great to get hold of articles that summarise research and propose solutions - bang on."
- "This all looks good. Thanks again for all your help on this matter. And as always, it has been a pleasure working with you"