Is this the right service for you?
If you are temporarily unable to visit the library or would like us to courier a selection to you at home or work, our Library Express service is an option.
- Library Express is a charged service that allows you to arrange with our staff for a selection of items (either chosen by our librarians, or nominated by you) to be delivered to you by courier
- Any (borrowable) item in our collection (Library Catalogue) can be requested — either choose your items yourself, or request that our librarians select for you
- If you prefer, you can also give us a general idea of the topics you're interested in, e.g. topic based - 3 rose gardening books, author based - e.g. 3 Bill Bryson, format based - e.g. 3 Star Wars DVDs, or a mix of descriptors you give us
- $5 Delivery within the Wellington region (the pink areas in this map)
- Other charges may depend on your request and this will be confirmed as applicable ( e.g. $2 extra per item if you are a rental borrower, search time)
Library members who use this service via phone, email, fax — a charge will be placed on your library card for you to pay on your next library visit.
Requesting Library Express
To request our Library Express service, email us at email@example.com with 'Library Express' in the subject line:
Details will be confirmed with you before despatch.
- 24 hours (weekdays) if the item is available
- If an item is on loan or must be sourced from another site, 24 hours (weekdays) from when it reaches the library
- For urgent delivery, email ProSearch. Find out more — about our ProSearch service
Please note: The loan period begins when the item is issued at the library, before it is sent to you.
Return of Items
- The return of library items is the responsibility of the borrower
- Items will come with an issue slip giving the date due and issuing branch
- If you want to return couriered items to a specific branch, please specify which branch to us