Hono Mai Joining
We have joining options available for all Wellingtonians in our region - even if you don't live in the Wellington City ratepaying area. Membership is free for Wellington City residents and ratepayers, and those who work or study in Wellington (conditions apply).
How do I join the library?
You can complete the joining process at any of our branch libraries - joining takes about 10 minutes.
- Read the Conditions of Membership
- You will be able to use your card for our online resources
- Visit our Membership Types page to see which membership you qualify for
- If you're under 18 years, then your parent or guardian will need to apply online for you
Conditions of Membership
- A Parent or Guardian is required to sign the form and be responsible for all Child or Young Adult cards and the items issued on them
- Cards shouldn't be used by anyone else but the cardholder. All items borrowed are the responsibility of the card holder
- All items are to be returned to the library before closing time on their due date
- The library must be notified of any change of address and any library card lost or stolen. All items issued before such notification are the card holders' responsibility
- Payment is to be made on demand for all item rental charges, overdue charges, damages and replacement charges that are incurred
- Information will be passed on to a debt collection and credit reporting agency should you default, and an administration charge may be incurred
- You cannot join online if you are an existing member. If you are unsure whether you belong to the library, please contact us