Prosearch / Rapu ngaio me ngā ratonga mōhiohio Professional search services
Prosearch is Wellington City Libraries' professional search service. We have the skills and specialist resources to track down reliable, up-to-date information quickly
Linda's hours of availability will be generally Monday – Thursday, 10am to 3pm
If you require assistance with your business information requirements please contact Linda:
- Business pages
We provide an inter-library loan (interloan) service that allows you to access material held in other libraries in New Zealand or overseas
- Business databases
Online "premium" databases you can access for free with your library card
Membership is free for Wellington residents and ratepayers, and those who work or study in Wellington. Wellington organisations can join as a corporate library members
How does it work?
Individuals or organisations with a Wellington City Libraries card
- For non-urgent queries, we offer up to 1 hour's free research per topic — plus any direct costs (e.g. printing, courier etc.). This covers most queries.
- More extensive research is an option and is charged at $60 per additional hour.
- For urgent enquiries, work can be undertaken at $60 per hour (plus GST)
If you don’t have a library card
Are you eligible for a Wellington City Libraries’ card? We have joining options available for all Greater Wellington residents and Wellington City workers — even if you don't live in the Wellington City ratepaying area.
Our Prosearch service is available to non-card holders. A clear cost-estimate will be given beforehand.
Innovative and cutting edge business ideas are based on good market insights. For over 25 years Wellington City Libraries has provided a wide range of business services and resources, including access to market research reports, industry trends and company profiles. We provide free search training, and confidentiality is guaranteed.
- You know what information you need — we know how to find it
- Save time and money by focusing on what you do best
- As skilled information professionals, we can make a difference every day in the speed, relevance, and accuracy of research projects that meet business, industry, government, non-profit, and other needs
Our Prosearch Team members vary, but always include Linda Stopforth, our Business Customer Specialist, as well as other subject specialists as needed depending on the size and scope of your enquiry.
What we do
We aim to satisfy your information needs quickly and cost-effectively and save you time and money by:
- Finding information expertly — whether you just need a few quintessential articles on a specific topic, or are interested in a comprehensive literature review
- Providing training on searching online to find information efficiently and effectively and reduce information overload. We can show how to get the sources you need
- Researching new product concepts
- Researching your competitors
- Locating companies who are potential buyers of your product
- Providing guidance on searching the hidden web
Recent work & testimonials
Recent topics researched
- Housing and homelessness in New Zealand
- Setting up a business
- Health inequalities in New Zealand
Feedback from our clients
Many thanks again for all your valuable input. I think it takes a great deal of skill to get to the crux of the matter and to be able to find evidence to support it and all the info you have provided has been very useful!.
I have had a chance to have a good look at the articles and am delighted you found so many good ones.
All of the information has been helpful in guiding us, and really appreciate your time and input on this!