Āwhina Putumōhio Catalogue help
Need help searching our catalogue or finding an item? Try our suggestions and quick start guide below.
Quick start guide
Find out about search options, how to check your account online, save your borrowing history, limit results by branch location and more.
More catalogue help
Want to dig down into the details? Have a browse of our in-depth documentation to find out about search options and shortcuts, saving a search, creating RSS feeds and more.
How to locate items on the shelf
If you're struggling to find items in our branches from their catalogue locations, we have some suggestions.
- Fiction is shelved alphabetically under the author's surname.
- Non-fiction is shelved by Dewey number.
- Our Biographies section is arranged alphabetically by the subject's surname. Check the catalogue in case the biography you are after has a Dewey number — some are shelved with their Dewey Decimal subject number rather than placed in the Biographies section
- There are separate Reference collections at every library. Catalogue records say 'Ref' at the beginning of an item's Call number, and 'Not for loan' under the Status.
But it isn't there
Ask a staff member for assistance, sometimes a second pair of eyes helps — and we're always here to help!
Some things to check are:
- Check the size in case it is 28 cm or over — this means we class it as a Large Book. Some of our locations shelve these separately — check with library staff if Large Books are shelved separately at your branch.
- Check display shelves.
- When was the book last returned? Staff can check to see when the item was last returned and retrieve it for you if it hasn't been shelved yet.