Study Stop / Online Study Hints and Help
Study Stop Section Navigation
BBC Online: For history, news and views and what's happening in the world the BBC has it all.
DigitalNZ: Need a New Zealand photograph or painting for your project? DigitalNZ is a collection of New Zealand photographs and paintings from some of our top galleries, museums and libraries.
Dictionary of New Zealand Biography: This website contains over 3000 biographies of New Zealanders who have 'made their mark' on this country. It does not include people who are alive.
How Stuff Works: How Stuff Works explains hundreds of subjects, from car engines to lock-picking to ESP, using clear language and tons of illustrations.
Study can be boring. Especially when you don't know where to start or how to go about it! We have searched the internet for the best sites that help you get away from the TV and start studying.
- StudyIt: Your one-stop site for achieving in NCEA maths, science, and English. Find what you need to know, contact subject teachers, and get encouragement from other students.
- How To Study: Basic techniques for listening and learning in a classroom environment.
- So You Wanna... Study?: Study hints from the U.S of A.
- Study Guide Zone: A study resource directory including hints on essay writing, learning types, study skills and classroom learning help.
- Study tips: A great site with all sorts of tips on how to concentrate, learn and write better!
AAARGH! There are NO BOOKS about my subject in the library! Fortunately the fantastic librarians have linked this study page to the best available information on the World Wide Web.
Get all the Answers Here - General Sites
- MyGateway - use your library card details to search our extensive databases for the information you need.
- Encyclopedia Britannica - With three different levels of information for different ages, this is an excellent site for reliable and interesting homework answers.
- Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. To help with your studies on New Zealand's history, culture and economy.
- AnyQuestions? - Contact our librarians live and online in a chat room environment for help with difficult questions.
- ManyAnswers - Here you can search for answers to popular homework questions asked at AnyQuestions.co.nz.
- NZ History - A complete online guide to New Zealand's history, including 40 multimedia exhibitions.
- More New Zealand History from Waikato University - Provides you with some good links for online and offline sources of New Zealand history.
- History World - A good site for researching world history using timelines or specialist topics.
- BBC History - contains a wide range of information and interactive media.
- Web Math - a popular Math help website.
- Karl's Calculus Tutor - Specifically to help with calculus problems.
- The Math Forum - All kinds of maths problems in question/answer format. You can submit your own questions.
- Mrs. Closser's Math Goodies - Offers lessons in basic maths and has a good overall layout.
- Learnz - An interactive New Zealand science site that lets you take virtual field trips and tours.
- Science Hobbyist - Weird science, gravity, inventions and other interesting stuff.
- Studyit - for NCEA maths and science. Has lots of info, links and a great student forum with a panel of expert teachers.
- Arts and Letters Daily - Huge site with arts and books columns, news and reviews.
- ArtLex - A dictionary of visual art.