Pakihi - Ngā Rārangi Ingoa Business - Directories
The Business Directories collection at Wellington City Libraries provides a number of current business, trade and telephone directories. These are located on the First Floor of Central Library at the Science and Humanities desk. Note: These are all reference only.
Please note that many directories are now available online and are searchable via the free internet service in our libraries. New Zealand online directories listed below: (put in link)
If you're looking for a new business venture, the Directories collection can help you assess the market competition and obtain details about trade outlets and other sources of products and services in a particular country. You can gain detailed information on leading public and private companies and organisations throughout the world including financials.
Here is a sample of what is available:-
- Acourts business handbook (Business Directories 02 NZ 03). Also available online. Use this directory to:
- find brands and links to companies
- find companies by trade or industry or service
- find companies manufacturing or trading particular brands
- find companies by name, their addresses, phone and fax numbers and which brands they represent
- AdMedia's agencies and clients (Business Directories 02 NZ 11)
- Kompass New Zealand: Kompass is a B-2-B resource, with international as well as in-depth coverage of New Zealand companies and sectors. More than 2.8 million companies listed, which link buyers and sellers worldwide. An invaluable resource. Library has subscriber access for full information. Access is available only inhouse. Kompass (ask at the Science and Humanities desk, 1st floor north, Central Library, if you have any difficulties).
- New Zealand Business Who's Who: latest edition (Business directories 02 NZ 03). A comprehensive business directory which lists both public and private directories. Over 22,000 businesses included, with full contact details, including company executives, postal, email and website details. Information can be accessed by company name, company ownership, directors, industry or service group, brand name, product and service.
- The New Zealand Company Register: (Business Directories 02 NZ 82). This publication is subtitled 'the investment yearbook of New Zealand companies on the stock exchange official list'. Companies are listed alphabetically. Usual directory information plus summary financial information and a comment or overview of the company is given. Also included are the top Australian companies.
- Nielsen Media Directory (Business Directories 02 NZ 18).
The directory encompasses all New Zealand media and is extremely useful for planning media communication campaigns, including press releases, corporate.
- The Business Who's Who of Australia (Business Directories 03 AUS 03). Directory of Australian public and private companies, and details of company directors.
- Kompass.com: subscriber access to this database is available only within the library. Ask for access at the Science and Humanities desk, 1st floor North, Central Library. Contains detailed information on over 1.8 million companies from over 70 countries. Limited non-subscriber access is available outside the library online.
- Scoot: Over 1.8 million UK businesses are included. This is a shared, interactive, hybrid business directory and search engine. Each entry includes company name, contact details and a very brief description of activities.
- Australian business directory online: Australian business and organisations with phone numbers, addresses, email details, and company profiles.
- Cambodia Yellow Pages: this useful site can be searched by business classification, name, brand, address, city, phone number etc. Results provide email contacts and weblinks (if available), as well as links from listings to other websites which mention the company. Links to the Cambodian white pages and maps are also provided.
- Europages: covers 500,000 companies from 30 European countries from all activity sectors. Includes company address, telephone, fax and email and provides direct access to the yellow pages sites throughout Europe.
- Hoovers online (US): a great site - some of which is available to subscribers only. Plain english searching available to find American company information, including press releases etc but the site also features good links to find out about companies internationally.
- Mr What (UK): Provides a comprehensive business directory of UK companies.
- Thomas register of American manufacturers: register for American manufacturers of industrial products and services.
- UBD Online: this e-directory lists nearly 150,000 businesses and 82,500 products.
- Zycon: This search engine for manufacturers is a great resource.
Last updated December 2016