On this page
Use this option to request an item be held for you when it becomes available — e.g. if an item is on loan, or at another branch, or you are reserving from home. Anybody with a current library card can make a reserve.
How much does it cost?
Reserves are free to all borrowers at the moment due to the Central Library closure (regular fee is $2 for adults, discounts may apply).
Placing a reserve
Using our library catalogue you can place reserves quickly and easily:
- Search the library catalogue
- Find the item you want to reserve
- Click the 'Place reserve' button in the results list or full record to place your reserve
You will need:
- Your library card
- To know which branch you want to pick the item up from
Picking up your reserve
We will contact you when the item is ready for you, using the contact you have told us you prefer (by phone, email or letter in the mail)
You need to pick it up from your requested library branch within 7 days of notification
Please note: We cannot guarantee when the item will be available because we are reliant on the item being returned to the library on time. We do our best to deliver requested items as soon as possible
- There is no per card reserve limit for adults & young adults
- For children, the limit is 10 reserves at a time on a child's card
Checking the status of your reserves
You can log in to your card to check the status of your reserves (e.g. ready for pickup, pending).
Once you've logged in, click to view your account in the top right corner of the screen. You can click to view the status and progress of your reserves from your main account screen.